JIM BEAM WELCOME SESSIONS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00 A.M. (ET) ON July 25, 2022 AND ENDS AT 11:59 P.M. (ET) ON AUGUST 30, 2022 (THE “ENTRY PERIOD”).
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Jim Beam Welcome Sessions Contest (the “Contest”) visit the Contest website located at www.rollingstone.com/JimBeam-WelcomeSessions and submit your entry in accordance with the instructions located thereon during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per person. Submitting multiple entries will not increase your chance of winning and will disqualify you from participation in this Contest. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Entries become sole property of the Sponsors and none will be acknowledged or returned.
In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge selected by the Sponsors will determine the winner(s) from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Potential winner(s) will be notified by email by a representative of the Sponsor on or around 9/12/2022.
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. Prizes will be administered through a representative of JB. All prizes are awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor and JB in their sole discretion and will be final and binding on all entrants into the Contest. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Sponsor and JB reserve the right to substitute the prize elements with prizes of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. No cash equivalent for the prizes will be offered and no other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor and JB are responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the responsibility solely of the Winner.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate the Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any materials submitted by any entry in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. participants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, each participant represents that any materials submitted in connection with entrant’s participation in the Contest, including any prompt responses (collectively, the “Submitted Materials”) are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the participant owns or has the rights to disclose such materials and information and to convey any and all right and title herein granted with respect there to. By entering, participant grants to the Sponsors a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, or republish and otherwise use the Submitted Materials, along with participant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by participant, in any and all media, throughout the world, in perpetuity for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Any potential Winner (and their selected Guest) as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release, and confirmation of a license, as set forth above within five (5) days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) the Submitted Materials do not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) the Submitted Materialsdo not infringe upon the rights of any third party; (c) the Submitted Materials do not include any confidential information; and (d) Winner has the right to grant the rights herein granted. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. By entering and/or accepting or participating in any prize, each participant, including any Guest, agrees to hold Sponsor, JB and each of their respective promotional partners, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, intellectual property rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Each Guest must meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein and agree to these Official Rules to participate in this Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in their sole discretion, reserve the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor Parties, participant or Winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsors in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, the Sponsors may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. The Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize. The Sponsors reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials.
6. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each entrant (including each Guest) agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Sponsor Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Contest, (b) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before three (3) arbitrators in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§116; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles County, California; (iv) the arbitrators’ decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Contest; (v) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only participant’s and/or Sponsor(s)’ individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the participant or any Sponsor Party; (viii) in the event that the administrative fees and deposits that must be paid to initiate arbitration against Sponsor exceed $125 USD, and participant is unable (or not required under the rules of JAMS) to pay any fees and deposits that exceed this amount, Sponsor agrees to pay them and/or forward them on participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator; (ix) if the participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, the applicable Sponsor(s) will pay as much of participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost prohibitive; and (x) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither participant nor the Sponsors shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website atwww.jamsadr.com.
8. GENERAL: The Sponsors are not responsible for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, emails or other communications; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise; or (d) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in participant's email account to receive email messages. Each Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest if any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause outside of its control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. Each Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if she/he tampers with the entry process or if her/his fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Contest. By participating in this Contest, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of California without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of Los Angeles, without recourse to class action suits.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
Rolling Stone, LLC (“Sponsor”)© 2022 Rolling Stone, LLC. All rights reserved.